Plans submitted to Daventry District Council for the restoration and reinstatement of Overstone Hall, in Northamptonshire, have been approved.
The plans from Barry Howard Homes will see the Grade II listed building, which was damaged in a fire in 2001, converted into 16 residential units.
At present the Grade II listed building is in a derelict state.
The mid-19th centrury country house was built for the first Lord Overstone by W.M. Teulon and was originally set within extensive parkland. It was converted into a girls’ public school in 1929, which occupied Overstone Hall until 1979, when the estate was sold as a single lot. In 2001 the building was subject to a fire. The main house was sold to the New Testament Church of God (NTCG) who occupied it until 2008.
A council document released ahead of the decision reads: “The conversion will ensure the future of Overstone Hall and its setting. The immediate surroundings will be enhanced as a result of the proposed development; therefore it is considered the proposal will result in an environmental improvement to the locality.”