Plans submitted by Globe Consultants, on behalf of First Provincial Properties, for a mixed use development at 23 High Pavement in Nottingham have been approved.
The plans sought permission for the change of use of the building to mixed use development and a single storey and first floor rear extension.
The building is within the Lace Market Conservation Area and is a Grade II listed building known as County House. Originally a Georgian town house, in the early 19th century it was sold to the magistrates for conversion to the Judges’ Lodging and the dining room block at first floor on the east side of the building was added.
In the early 20th century the building became County Council offices and in 1930 the two storey east wing was added, followed by the addition of single storey offices to this block in 1949. The County Council left in 1992 and since that time the site, which is on the Listed
Buildings at Risk register, has been unused.
The three storey building currently comprises of three main elements; the front range facing High Pavement and, at the rear addressing an internal courtyard, the west wing and the east wing.
The application originally sought for the change of use from vacant offices to a mixed use development comprising a restaurant, bar, private members club, and 3 serviced apartments. In light of concerns from officers, local residents and the Police Architectural Liaison Advisor, the planning application has been through two rounds of revision.
The final approved proposal will see the building become a mixed use development comprising of retail and restaurant space with ancillary bar on the ground and rear section of the first floor, office and meeting space with ancillary cafe/bar on the remaining part of the first floor and 3 serviced apartments on the second floor.