Plans from Harworth Group for employment units, a pub/restaurant and a drive through at the former Gedling Colliery have been approved by Gedling Borough Council.
Gedling Colliery opened in 1899 and closed in 1991.
The 4.12ha site on Arnold Lane has now mostly been reclaimed by grassland.
According to the plans, the drive thru would cover approximately 280sqm of the site, the pub or restaurant would be 800sqm and the three employment units would be 20,000sqft each. There would also be an overflow car park on the site.
Permission was previously granted, in 2017, for 1,050 dwellings, a local centre with retail units and health care, and a new primary school on the land.
A statement submitted to the council on behalf of the applicant reads: “The proposed buildings will be designed to a high quality which are responsive and sympathetic to the local environment.
“The proposed employment units will enhance the wider area by providing new jobs to the local area.
“The Drive-Thru and Public House units will provide new food and beverage opportunities to serve the expanding local community.
“The proposals aim to make the most efficient use of land that is appropriate to the nature and setting of the site.”