A dozen regional businesses have been recognised in the East Midlands regional finals of the ‘Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) Celebrating Small Business Awards 2020.’
Nearly 160 delegates attended the finals event at the King Power Stadium in Leicester on Thursday 5 March 2020 with twelve awards up for grabs.
The Awards recognise the very best small businesses from right across the country. Every sector, every location and every type of small business is represented. They have all been encouraged to enter, free of charge and whether an FSB member or not.
The winners of each category, with the exception of the Community Award which is regional only, will go forward to the FSB’s UK Awards ceremony which, this year, is taking place at Battersea Evolution in London on Thursday 21 May.
Les Phillimore, FSB Regional Chairman for the East Midlands, said: “I was delighted to open the FSB Awards and spend the afternoon seeing and learning about a diverse range of entrepreneurs from a candle maker to a lead exporter.
“We had twelve fantastic businesses win on the afternoon from all five of the counties which make up the East Midlands and I have very high hopes for their future successes.
“I would also like to congratulate those nominated and just missed out. Judging is always very hard, and I wish everyone shortlisted the very best for the future too.”
The 2020 Award categories and winning businesses are as follows:
- International Business of the Year: Midland Lead (Swadlincote, Derbyshire)
- Environmental Award of the Year: EarthSense (Leicester, Leicestershire)
- Business & Product Innovation Award: Spraylat International (Corby, Northamptonshire)
- Micro Business of the Year: E Badges (Stamford, Lincolnshire)
- Start-Up Business of the Year: SLS – Software LeadGen Specialists Ltd (Leicester)
- High Growth Business of the Year – Railway Projects Limited (Leicester, Leicestershire)
- Family Business of the Year: Sygnet Group (Leicester, Leicestershire)
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Matty’s Candles (Selston, Nottinghamshire)
- Wellbeing Award of the Year: JPP (Northamptonshire)
- Community Award: The Way of the Horse (Lutterworth,Leicestershire)
- Digital/E-commerce Business of the Year : (VR Therapies, Northampton)
- Self Employed/Sole Trader of the Year: (Shamshad Walker Marketing, Nottingham)