The East Midlands Bricks Awards, celebrating the outstanding work of those behind the changing landscape of our region, are back for 2019 and nominations are now flowing in.
Business Link Magazine’s East Midlands Bricks Awards is an independent awards and publicity programme recognising development projects and people in commercial and public building across the region – from offices, industrial and residential, through to community projects such as leisure schemes and schools. The awards are split into various categories, covering every aspect of the property sector and will celebrate the achievements and standards set by both companies and individuals. The Bricks Awards will be held on the 28th of March 2019, at the Trent Bridge Cricket Ground.
Here are 5 top tips for a successful entry:
- Make your nomination compelling.
- Less is more – as often judges have to read a large number of nomination forms, no one wants to read “waffle” or an excessive use of jargon in an award entry, so be concise and specific with what you write.
- Use facts, statistics and key examples that support why a project, person or business should win an award, as they will make any statement you make much stronger.
- Make sure to read the criteria carefully to be sure that your nomination does in fact fit what is being looked for. Why not reflect on the projects that won last year to get an idea of whether your nomination reflects a certain category’s requirements.
- Finally, proofread your nomination and submit it in plenty of time!
To submit a nomination for the Bricks follow this link. Criteria and online entry forms can be found by clicking on the title of each award.
This year catagories are..
Most Active agent – sponsored by Business Link
Contractor of the year – sponsored by Frank Key Builders Merchants and building supplies
Sustainable development of the year – sponsored by Forterra
Residential development of the year – sponsored by Sterling Capital Reserve
Developer of the year – sponsored by Ward Recycling
Deal of the year – sponsored by Shakepeare Martineau solicitors
Architects of the year – sponsored by Blueprint Interiors
Excellence in design – sponsored by Harlequin Office furniture
Overall winner – sponsored by Streets Chartered Accountants
Drinks/Venue Sponsor – Trent Bridge Cricket Ground
The winners will be crowned at a glittering awards event on the 28th of March 2019, at the Trent Bridge Cricket Ground.
Book your place at the awards now to avoid disappointment!
4.30pm – Networking and Reception Drinks
5.30pm – Welcome and Awards Presentation
7.30pm – End of Formal Proceedings, guests and nominees are invited to stay and celebrate/network over drinks.
Complimentary drinks and canapés will be served on arrival. Dress code is standard business dress.
A special thanks to our East Midlands Bricks 2019 Sponsors: